Monday, October 12, 2009

Pricey Puppy Treats


If I were to win the lottery, one of the things I would do for myself would be to purchase one of every single item from my favorite store, Anthropologie. If you are unaware of the gold mine known as Anthropologie, then let me sum it up for you.

Anthropology in 10 words: Expensive retail targeted towards young women who can't afford anything.

Apparently, I'm one of those targeted women, because I always happen to drool over everything in that damned store.

Well, it's not like I can walk in there and not afford anything. I can afford quite a bit of their things, but it's the price for everyday or novelty items that just baffles me time and time again.

In great example of this: A 5lb can of dog biscuits priced at a steep $68.

Okay, so, I love my dogs like they're my babies (Maggie age 14, Clyde age 5, and Shemp age 4), but I will not spend $68 on a can of dog treats. I love them so dearly, that in my household, any 10lb bag of pup treats from Costco would be history in a matter of a week. Let alone a 5lb can. I'm pretty sure that my dogs would be horrified to know that I spent more, only for my treat-giving to be less generous. 

So, Anthropologie, in the interest of the k9, leave it to Pedigree.


No comments:

Post a Comment